YoungSheldon S1E7
YoungSheldon S1E7
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪
The average American consumes 普通美国人平均一年
55 pounds of beef per year. 会吃掉25公斤的牛肉
And then there's Texas, 但美国有个地方叫德克萨斯
where we can knock that off in a couple of months. 在这里 我们只要几个月就能吃掉那个量
Maybe faster, if we're talking about smoked brisket... 甚至还能更快 如果有德州烟熏牛胸肉的话
...curiously, the one cut of beef 很奇妙的是 牛的这块牛胸肉
that Texans and Jews agree upon. 是唯一让德州人与犹太人都爱不释手的部位
This is really good, Meemaw. 这真是太好吃啦 姥姥
Really good? 还太好吃呢
You're spitting the best brisket in Texas 你把全德州最好吃的牛胸肉
all over the damn table. 喷得整餐桌都是
Close your mouth when you eat. 嘴巴有东西不要说话
Or aim your face the other way. 或者把你的脸朝向别的方向
Connie, one of these days, you got to give me the recipe. 康妮 总有一天你得给我这食谱
You bet. For sure. 你说会就会啦
One of these days. Oh, come on. -总有一天 -别这样
You can't hold on to it forever. 你总不能瞒一辈子
Mean that much to you? 你这么想要吗
Mary and I were dating about a month 当年我跟玛丽交往一个月左右时
when she brought me home for dinner. 她带我回家吃晚饭
I took one bite of this brisket, 我吃了一口这牛胸肉
and I knew I loved your daughter. 我就知道我爱你的女儿
Gee, thanks. 我真是谢谢你啊
Kind of like Sleeping Beauty, except Dad kissed meat. 有点像睡美人 不过爸吻的是牛肉
I tell you what. 这样吧
You go get a... 你去拿...
piece of paper and a pencil, 纸笔来
I'll write it down for you. 我给你写下来
Okay. It's happening... 好 终于到了这一刻
That's the fastest I've seen him run. 这是我见他跑得最快的一次
It's the only time I've seen him run. 这是我第一次见他跑
There you go. 给
Okay. 好
I might make it this weekend. 我可能这周末就做来吃
Or you could try a vegetable. 你也可以试试吃点蔬菜啊
Vegetable? That's funny. 吃蔬菜 你真幽默
Okay. 好了
Now, this is for your eyes only. 这个只传给你
You're not to share it with anybody. 你不许给别人看或分享
I never-I would never. 我绝... 我绝不会
You're a horrible person. 你真是缺德
What'd it say? 上面写什么了
I want to know what it said. 我想知道写什么了
Me, too. Just eat. -我也想知道 -吃你们的
Can I read it? 我能看吗
You are a horrible person. 你还真的挺缺德
Ain't I? 可不是嘛
All right, that's enough about the brisket. 好了 不要再聊这个牛胸肉了
You kids excited for the church picnic tomorrow? 你们期待明天的教会野餐吗
Not really. I don't know. -不太 -不知道
Oh, come on. 别这样
You all saw the flier. The three "F"s: 你们都看到传♥单♥了 有三"有"
food, fun and fellowship. 有吃 有玩 友谊
And I'm bringing a big slab of my brisket. 我要带一大块我的牛胸肉去
That's it. 我受够了
15 years in this family, and all the time I've been nothing 当一家人15年了 这期间我一直都是
but a good, supportive son-in-law. 一个表现良好又负责任的女婿
I always treated your daughter right, 我也一直都有好好对待你女儿
I gave you three beautiful grandchildren. 给了你三个可爱的孙子女
Only thing I ever asked in return was that damn recipe. 我唯一要求的回报就是给我个破食谱
You're right. 你说得对
Get another piece of paper. I'll write it down. 再去拿张纸 我给你写下来
Don't mess with me, Connie. 别再耍我 康妮
Get the paper before I change my mind. 快趁我改变主意前去拿纸吧
You're gonna do it to him again, aren't you? 你还要再耍他一次 是吧
I kind of have to. 有点不耍不行啊
George, she was just fooling with you. 乔治 她就是跟你闹着玩
No, no, she's mean. 没 不是 她就是损
She got a black heart. 心都是黑的
She does not. 她才不是
Why do you always side with her? 你为什么总站在她那边
Well, she is my mother. 她是我妈啊
And there it is. 看吧
There's the problem. 问题就在这
You should be siding with me. 你应该跟我同一阵线啊
Over brisket? It's not just brisket. -为了个牛胸肉吗 -不单是为了牛胸肉
It's the way she's been treating me since day one. 是她从认识我第一天起就这么对我
Like I'm some kind of loser, a booby prize. 就是把我当个废柴 安慰奖
"Booby prize." What was that? -"安慰[胸部]奖" -什么声音
Georgie, you mind your own business. 小乔治 你少多管闲事
What did I do? 我做什么了
What's going on? 怎么了
Mom and Dad are fighting. 爸妈在吵架
What about? 为了什么事
Brisket. 牛胸肉
If they get a divorce, who do you think 如果他们离婚了
you'll pick to live with? 你会选择跟谁过
Well, Mom, of course. 当然是选妈啦
I want Mom. Pick again. 我要选妈 你换选一个
I thought Dad was coming. 我还以为爸爸也会来
No, he had work to do. 他不来 他有工作
What kind of work? I don't know. Coaching stuff. 什么工作 不知道 教练的事情吧
Can't he do it after the picnic? 他不能野餐完再去吗
No, Missy, he cannot. Why not? -他没办法啊 米希 -为什么
Enough. 别问了
How come Georgie's not going? 那为什么小乔治也没来
He's grounded for eavesdropping on me and your father. 他偷听我跟你♥爸♥爸说话被禁足了
Well, I hope he learned his lesson. 希望他学到教训了
Is this about the recipe? 是为了食谱的事吗
I bet he's mad 'cause you always side with Meemaw. 我猜他是因为你总站在姥姥这边在生气
And how would you know that? 你怎么会知道这个
Georgie told me. 小乔治跟我说的
Are you and Dad getting a divorce? 你跟爸爸要离婚了吗
'Course not. 当然不会
Well, if you do, I want to live with you. 如果你们离婚 我想要跟着你过
Sheldon, no one's getting a divorce. 谢尔顿 我们不会离婚的
But thank you, honey. 不过谢谢你选我
You know this all goes away 你知道这个问题
if you just give him your recipe for the brisket. 只要你给他食谱 就会烟消云散了吗
I know. 我知道啊
And? 然后呢
I guess it's not going away. 我猜这问题是哪都不会去了
And I wasn't eavesdropping. 我没有偷听
Don't worry about it. 没事啦
I just don't see why I got grounded. 我只是不懂我为什么被禁足
What are you complaining about? 你有什么好抱怨的
You didn't want to go to church picnic anyway. 你本来也不想去教会野餐啊
I like complaining. I'm good at it. 我就喜欢抱怨 我特能哔哔
I'll be right back. 我马上回来
Mind if I have a sip of your beer? 你介意我喝一口你的啤酒吗
You mind if I dip your head in the compost heap? 你介意我把你脑袋塞进堆肥筒里吗
You could have just said no. 你说介意不就好了吗
What are you doing? 你在干嘛
Nothing! Get out of here. 没干嘛 滚出去
You're looking for her brisket recipe. 你在找姥姥的牛胸肉食谱
All of a sudden you got smart? 这时候你就变天才啦
I said get out of here. 我说了让你出去
I won't tell, I swear. 我发誓我不会泄密
All right, help me look. 行吧 快来帮忙找
Ooh. Found it? 找到了吗
No, this is her French toast. 没有 这是她法式吐司的食谱
You're not looking for French toast. 没让你找法式吐司
She does make it good, though. 这个姥姥也做得很好吃
Did you know she puts vanilla extract in her whipped cream? 你知道她会在生奶油里加香草精吗
I did not. 我不知道
Quarter teaspoon. 加1/4茶匙
Georgie? Yeah? -小乔治 -怎么了
We're looking for brisket! 我们是来找牛胸肉食谱
Cranky. 暴脾气
We're home. 我们回来啦
Be cool. 别慌
I'm cool. You be cool. 我不慌啊 你才别慌呢
Real cool. 可真不慌啊
He thought I wrote it down. 他以为我有写下来
What a dope. 真是个傻子
Seltzer... 苏打水
...hair tonic. Hair tonic. 生发水 生发水
Need help putting the kids down? 需要帮忙哄孩子睡觉吗
No, thank you, I've been taking care of them all day. 不用了 谢谢 我自己照顾了他们一天
I think I can finish the job. 我能自己收尾
Oh, come on, don't do that. 干嘛啦 别这样
Don't do what? 别怎样
Never mind. 没事
Just so you know, Sheldon and Missy won 告诉你 谢尔顿跟米希
the three-legged race because she told him 赢了两人三脚赛跑 因为米希跟他说
a bee was chasing them, and you missed it. 有蜜蜂在追他们 而你错过了这一幕
I'm sorry, I-I just needed a break from your mother. 是我的错 我只是想远离你妈妈一会儿
Yeah, well, you took a break from your family. 是啊 你也远离了你的家人
How long is this feud between you two gonna go on? 你们俩之间的不愉快是想闹多久
That's up to her. 这得看她啊
You are both such... 你们真是两头...
stubborn... 死固执的...
donkey butts! 犟驴啊
Missy! 米希
Go to bed. 去睡觉
You don't know it's me. 你怎么知道是不是我
What do you want? 你想干嘛
Don't be that way. 别这样
I brought you a cold one. 我给你拿了瓶冰的
Thanks. 谢谢
I still don't like you. 还是不喜欢你
Would this change your feelings? 那这个能让你改变想法吗
Is that it? 就是这个吗
The Holy Grail. 传说中的一个大秘宝
What changed your mind? 是什么让你改变了心意
You not going to the picnic today, 你今天不去野餐
that hurt Mary and the twins. 伤了玛丽与双胞胎的心
I cannot have that on my heart. 我不想要内心有愧疚
Is that so? Absolutely. -是吗 -绝对
Look me in the eye and tell me 看着我的眼睛告诉我
this is the actual recipe. 这份是正确的食谱
George, what you have in your hand 乔治 在你手里的就是
is the exact step-by-step instructions 正确的详细制♥作♥方式
on how to make my brisket. 能让你做出我的招牌牛胸肉
I have never written it down until tonight because... 在今晚之前我从没把这个食谱写下来过
I was afraid someone might steal it. 因为我怕会有人来偷
But I'm entrusting this to you, 但现在我把它托付给你
and I hope that someday, when the time is right, 希望有一天 时机成熟时
you will see fit to share it with one of your children. 你会传给你其中一个孩子
Connie, I don't know what to say. 康妮 我不知道该说什么好
Don't call me Connie. 别叫我康妮
Call me Mom. 叫我妈妈
Thanks, Mom. 谢谢 妈妈
You're welcome, son. 不客气 儿子
What a dope. 真是个傻子
The next morning, my dad embarked on a doomed quest 第二天早上 我爸为了做出完美的牛胸肉
to make the perfect brisket. 踏上了注定失败的征途
Can I help you? 能帮你什么吗
Matter of fact, you can. 还真需要你帮忙
I need 12 pounds of prime Angus with a medium deckle, 我需要5公斤特优级安格斯牛胸肉
ideally slaughtered in the spring, no later than mid-June. 最好是春天宰的 不能晚于六月中旬
For the spice rub, 至于腌肉的香料
Meemaw had him drive to New Orleans 姥姥让他开车去新奥尔良
to buy ground coffee from Cafe Du Monde, 到知名咖啡馆买♥♥研磨咖啡粉
and seven ounces of something called "holy ghost root" 以及到一名叫拉沃夫人的女巫那里
from a voodoo woman named Madam Laveau. 买♥♥28克的"圣灵根"
Could you grind my root for me? 请问你能磨我的"根"吗
I-I'm-a... I'm-a rub it on brisket. 我要涂在牛胸上
Then back home, he applied the spice rub 回家后 他给牛胸抹上香料的手法
with such erotic tenderness, 充满情欲又温柔
it made my mother a little jealous. 我妈都有点妒忌了呢
Finally, the cooking began. 最终 开始烹饪了
14 hours of cooking. 弄了整整14小时
And basting. 期间不断刷油
And spritzing. 喷油
And tending to the fire. 和照料火候
Until it was finally time to let the meat rest. 终于到了让胸肉阴凉的步骤
Rest, my darling. 休息[阴凉]吧 小亲亲
Rest. 好好休息
Mmm. This Cafe Du Monde coffee is very good. 知名咖啡店的咖啡真好喝呀
They make it with chicory. 里面加了菊苣
And what does it do to the brisket? 这对做牛胸肉有什么好处
Oh, I have no idea. 我不知道
Then why did you send George all the way to New Orleans? 那你为什么让乔治大老远跑去新奥尔良
Well, they don't sell this around here. 咱家附近买♥♥不到这种咖啡啊
Here we go. 来了
15 years and 14 hours later. 耗时15年零14小时
Best brisket in Texas. 全德州最好吃的牛胸肉
Connie, you evil bitch! 康妮 你这个邪恶的贱♥人♥
It's smoother than regular coffee. 比普通咖啡丝滑很多呢
That wasn't the recipe. 那才不是真的秘方
You looked me in the eye, and you lied to me. 你看着我的眼睛说谎了
Oh, Mom. 妈妈
You broke into my home and tried to steal it. 你偷摸闯进我家 想偷食谱
Oh, George. 乔治
You told her we went over there? 你告诉她我们进去过吗
Oh, George Jr. 小乔治
I didn't say nothing. I was cool. 我什么都没招 不是我
I am loving this. 真喜欢这台好戏
I don't want this woman in my house anymore. 我家不再欢迎这个女人来
She is my mother. She is the devil. -她可是我妈 -她就是恶魔
And what if the kids want to see her? 要是孩子们想见她呢
Fine. 好吧
Schedule it for when I'm not here. 在我不在家时才能来
Or when I'm dead. 或者等我死了再来
And quit drinking my coffee. 还有 不许你喝我的咖啡了
Turn off your train, we've got to talk. 把你的火车关掉 我们得谈谈
About what? 谈什么
Mom is so upset about Dad and Meemaw, 妈妈为爸爸和姥姥的事很难过
she might want a divorce. 她可能会想离婚
No one's getting divorced. 没人要离婚
How do you know? 你怎么知道
Great, now I have to throw that out. "真棒" 这下我得把那个扔了
Mother-in-laws are always held in low regard by the father. 当女婿的自古以来都瞧不起丈母娘
It rarely leads to a breakup of the family. 但这很少会导致家庭破裂
He's right. 他说得对
Fred and Wilma are still happily married. 弗雷德和威尔玛的婚姻依然幸福美满
I think if we can figure out 我想如果你能
a way for Dad to get Meemaw's brisket recipe, 想个办法 让爸爸得到姥姥的牛胸肉食谱
this all goes away. 所有矛盾就会消失
I don't see how we can accomplish that. 我想不出我们能有什么办法
Put that down. 放下
That's not a toy. 那可不是玩具
Sure it is. 当然是啦
Choo choo. 呜呜
Choo choo... 呜呜
Choo choo. 呜呜
Open wide, Moonpie. 张嘴嘴 小饼饼
Here comes the choo choo train. 呜呜小火车来啦
Choo choo. 呜呜
Mmm. Isn't that good? 很好吃对吧
That's Meemaw's famous brisket. 这是姥姥远近驰名的牛胸肉
Would you like the secret recipe? 你想知道食谱吗
You promise not to tell anybody? 你保证不告诉别人
Of course you're not gonna tell anybody. 你当然不会告诉别人啦
I start with a tablespoon of cumin, 我先加入一茶匙孜然
and then a cup of brown sugar, and... 然后加入一杯红糖 之后...
I know the recipe. 我知道姥姥的食谱
What? 什么
She told it to me. 她告诉我的
When? 什么时候
February 14, 1982. 1982年2月14日
I was 23 months old, it was Valentine's Day, 当时我23个月大 那天是情人节
and Mom and Dad went out for dinner. 爸爸和妈妈出去餐厅吃饭了
You were there. Don't you remember? 当时你也在场 你不记得吗
I got nothing. 一片空白
You can really remember when you were that little? 那么小的时候的事你真的还记得吗
Uh-huh. You were there, too. 嗯 你也在场
You were still struggling with potty training. 你还在学习自己上厕所
I don't think so. 你记错了吧
Oh, yes. Meemaw used to call you Mr. Soggy Pants. 没有 姥姥以前都叫你尿裤子先生
Nuh-uh. 不可能
Mr. Soggy Pants. 尿裤子先生
Quit it. This is serious. 闭嘴 这不好笑
Sheldon, you've got to tell Dad that recipe. 谢尔顿 你必须把食谱告诉爸爸
But Meemaw told me it was a secret. 但姥姥说这是秘密
If you don't, and Mom and Dad get a divorce, it's your fault. 你如果不说 等爸妈离婚了 就是你的错
All right. 好吧
Fine. 我说
Good job, Soggy Pants. 干得漂亮 尿裤子先生
Dad, could you please come into the living room? 爸爸 你能来客厅吗
What for? 干什么
My brain did something impressive 我的大脑做了超厉害的事
and I'd like to share it with you. 我想和你分享
What are you doing here? 你怎么会在这儿
Same as you. 跟你一样
I want to see what his brain did. 我想看他的大脑做了什么
Please have a seat. 请坐
All right. 好吧
Well? 怎么样
I know Meemaw's brisket recipe. 我知道姥姥的牛胸肉烹饪食谱
What? 什么
No, you don't. 你才不知道呢
Yes, I do. 我真的知道
And in order to bring peace to this family, 为了给这个家带来安宁
I'm prepared to make it public. 我决定公之于众
You're bluffing. 你想诈我
One tablespoon of cumin, 一茶匙孜然
one cup of brown sugar, 一杯红糖
two tablespoons of smoked paprika... 两茶匙烟熏红椒
Okay, okay, stop. 好了 好了 停
No, no, no. Keep going. 不不 继续说
How do you know the recipe, Shelly? 你怎么会知道食谱 谢利
Meemaw told it to me on Valentine's Day, 1982. 姥姥在1982年的情人节告诉我的
You were out with Dad seeing Cannonball Run 你和爸爸去廉价影院
at the dollar theater. 看《炮弹飞车》了
That's impossible, you weren't even two years old. 不可能 你当时还不到两岁
Three tablespoons of dried mustard, 三茶匙干芥末
one cup of Lone Star beer... 一杯孤星啤酒
Okay. 好了
Okay. 好了
Go ahead. 说吧
Give it to your father. 告诉你♥爸♥爸吧
I can write it down for you. 我可以帮你写下来
That's okay, I don't want it. 不用了 我不想要
You have got to be kidding me. 你逗我呢吧
Connie, you've had every opportunity 康妮 你有无数的机会
to give me that recipe and you never did, 把食谱给我 但你从来没给
because you've always treated me like an outsider. 因为你一直把我当做外人
No, she has not. 她才没有
Oh, of course I have. 我当然有
See? She admits it. 看到没 她承认了
Damn right, I do. 我当然承认了
Never thought you were good enough for my daughter. 我一直觉得你配不上我女儿
There you were, riding around on that dumb motorcycle, 你就这么出现 骑着那辆破摩托车
knocking her up. 把她肚子搞大
Why don't you kids go in the kitchen 孩子们 你们都到厨房♥
and fix yourselves some ice cream? 自己拿点冰淇淋吃吧
I'm not going anywhere. 我怎么能错过这好戏
Hey. I get it. 我能理解
I have a daughter. 我也有个女儿
I wouldn't want her bringing home someone like that. 我也不想她带一个那样的男人回家
But I've come a hell of a long way since then. 但我也比那时候成长了许多
Okay, you're right. 好啦 你说得对
George. 乔治
I'm sorry. 对不起
That means more to me than any recipe. 这对我来说 比任何食谱都更有意义
Come here. 过来
Don't let the hug fool you. 别让这个拥抱骗了你
The minute she went home, he made me give him the recipe. 她一走 他就逼我把食谱告诉他
Here we go, maiden voyage. 来啦 处♥女♥航
Hot damn. 哎妈呀
Hot damn. 哎妈呀
Hot damn! 哎妈呀
George! Language. 乔治 注意说话
Sheldon. 谢尔顿
Want some? 想来点吗
Uh, no, thank you. I'm not hungry. 不用了 谢谢 我不饿