Menghe

导航

The Day's Phrase II

I got home and right off the bat my mom told me to cook dinner.

我才一回到家,媽媽就叫我準備做晚飯。


Monica can talk your ear off if you give her the chance.

如果你給莫妮卡的機會的話,她會喋喋不休說到你耳朵聽爛為止。

 

Use your head; get a job you enjoy. Your job makes you miserable!

好好想清楚,找一個你喜歡的工作。你的工作讓你慘兮兮的。

 

After my boyfriend broke up with me, I kept working. But my heart wasn't in it.

在我男朋友跟我分手之後,我繼續工作。但我卻心不在焉。

 

If you like music, you might want to try your hand at piano.

如果你喜歡音樂,你說不定會想嘗試學鋼琴。

 

After the police finally caught "Mean Marvin", they locked him up.

警察終於抓到壞蛋馬文,並將他關起來。

 

Ken was worried that he might get a "Dear John" letter from his girlfriend.

肯恩擔心他可能會收到女朋友寄來的分手信。

 

Well, off the top of my head, I'd say my favorite movie is Vertical Limit.

嗯,我腦子一閃,我會說我最喜歡的電影是「巔峰極限」

 

I had a hand in catching the stray dog and helping it get healthy again.

在捕捉流浪狗並幫助他們回復健康的事上,我也插了一手。

 

If Pastor Jeff made a promise, you can bank on it.

如果傑夫牧師許下了承諾,你就可以信賴。

 

You'd better get out of this rut soon.

你最好趕快替你的生活添加點變化。

 

Garth has a skeleton in his closet. He robbed a store 10 years ago.

賈斯有個不為人知的祕密。他十年前搶了一家商店。

 

You look for all the world like you are about to start crying.

你怎麼看都像要哭的樣子。

 

Don't lay the blame at my door; you spilled food on the carpet too!

不要只責怪我;你也把食物打翻在地毯上呀!

 

You look like you are having a bad day. Your next meal is on the house.

你今天看起來過得好像不太好。你的下一餐本餐廳請客。

 

Once the party started, we began to raise the roof.

派對一開始時,我們就盡情狂歡,好像要把屋頂都掀了。

 

Before you decide we need to move, let's talk it over.

在你決定我們要搬家前,我們好好談談吧。

 

Brian never pays attention or thinks things through. It's like the lights are on, but nobody's home.

布萊恩從不用心或是把事情想清楚。就像是空屋點燈那樣心不在焉。

posted on 2006-05-16 18:47  孟和  阅读(141)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报