Fork me on GitHub

Chapter 2 Open Book——29

Which left me with nothing to do but try to not look at him…unsuccessfully.

我没什么事情可以做但是我尝试不去看他,但是失败了。

I glanced up, and he was staring at me, that same inexplicable look of frustration in his eyes.

我瞥了一眼,他在盯着我看,在他的眼中有一种令人费解的挫折。

Suddenly I identified that subtle difference in his face.

突然我意识到在他脸上细微的变化。

"Did you get contacts?" I blurted out unthinkingly.

你戴隐形眼镜吗?我没有想好就脱口而出。

He seemed puzzled by my unexpected question.

他看起来很疑惑对于我突如其来的问题。

"No.""Oh," I mumbled. "I thought there was something different about your eyes."

没有。哦。我嘀咕道。我看见你的眼睛有所不同。

He shrugged, and looked away.

他耸耸肩,然后看向别处。

In fact, I was sure there was something different.

事实上,我能确定有一些不同。

I vividly remembered the flat black color of his eyes the last time he'd glared at me — the color was striking against the background of his pale skin and his auburnhair.

我深刻的记得最后一次他看我的时候眼睛的颜色是黑色的——这种颜色和他苍白的肤色和他的头发形成鲜明的对比。

上次他曾那样地瞪着我——那种眸色在他的苍白肌肤和红色头发的映衬下越发醒目。

Today, his eyes were a completely different color: a strange ocher,darker than butterscotch, but with the same golden tone.

今天,他的眼睛是完全一个不同的颜色。一种奇怪的黄褐色,比奶油糖果更深,但是和石头一样金色。

今天,他的眼睛是另一种完全不同的颜色:一种奇怪的黄褐色,比奶油糖的颜色略深一些,但同样是金黄的色调。

I didn't understand how that could be, unless he was lying for some reason about the contacts.

我不明白为什么会这样,除非他出于一些原因对隐形眼镜说了慌。

我无法理解这种事情,除非是他出于某种原因在隐形眼镜的事情上说了谎。

Or maybe Forks was making me crazy in the literal sense of the word.

又或者是福克斯让我疯狂地脱离了对世界的正常感知。

posted @ 2016-12-08 23:23  LinkinStar  阅读(196)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报