Fork me on GitHub

Chapter 2 Open Book——8

But as far as I could tell, life worked that way most of the time.

但是即使我这么说,生活大多数时间还是这样的。

但就我所能告诉你的,生活大多数时候都是公平的。

It didn't look as if it bought them any acceptance here.

这看来他们没有给我们带来任何接受感。

看起来他们拥有的一切并没能让他们在这里得到认同。

No, I didn't fully believe that. The isolation must be their desire;

不对,我没有全部去详细。这种隔离一定是他们渴望的。

不,我并不完全坚信这一点。似乎是他们自己把自己隔离起来了;

I couldn't imagine any door that wouldn't be opened by that degree of beauty.

我不能想象所有的门都是以美丽的程度来决定开不开的。

我不能想象对于这样优秀的人生活中会有哪扇门推不开。

They looked at my noisy truck as I passed them, just like everyone else.

他们看起来我的超级卡车当我经过的时候,就像所有别的人那样。

在我开车经过他们车旁时,他们和别人一样,都扭过头来看着我这辆隆隆作响的卡车。

I kept my eyes straight forward and was relieved when I finally was free of the school grounds.

我让我的眼睛直直的看着前方,当我最后停在学校的地上的时候我放松了。

我坚持着直视前方,直到逃出校园以后,才终于感觉到得救了。

The Thrift way was not far from the school, just a few streets south, off the highway.

那个公路离学校没有很远,就只有几条街,在高速路的南边。

平价超市离学校不远,只隔着几条马路,紧挨着高速公路。

It was nice to be inside the supermarket; it felt normal.

这在超级市场里面是分成不错的,感觉不普通

呆在超市里是件很惬意的事:

I did the shopping at home, and I fell into the pattern of the familiar task gladly.

我就像在家购物一般,有一种进入陌生任务的高兴心情。

这里感觉正常多了。在家时我负责购物,所以我很高兴能投入到同样的工作中。

The store was big enough inside that I couldn't hear the tapping of the rain on the roof to remind me where I was.

这个商店太大了以至于我不能听见房顶上的雨声来提醒我在那里。

超市里很大,呆在这里我听不到打在屋顶上噼啪作响的雨声,可以忘记身在何处。

When I got home, I unloaded all the groceries, stuffing them in wherever I could find an open space.

当我回家的时候,我卸下了所有的货物,把他们放在我能找到的任何一个开着的空间里面

回到家后,我把买回来的东西从车上搬下来,塞满了我能找到的每一块空间。

I hoped Charlie wouldn't mind.

我希望查理斯不会介意

I wrapped potatoes in foil and stuck them in the oven to bake, covered a steak inmarinade and balanced it on top of a carton of eggs in the fridge.

我把土豆切块,然后放到微波炉里面去烘焙,

我把马铃薯裹上锡箔,塞进烤箱里,给一块牛排浇上酱汁,搁在冰箱里的鸡蛋盒上。

posted @ 2016-11-05 16:06  LinkinStar  阅读(251)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报