Fork me on GitHub

Chapter 1 First Sight——8

It took only one trip to get all my stuff upstairs.

就一趟我就把所有的东西搬到楼上了。

I got the west bedroom that faced out over the front yard.

我住在了面对院子前面的西边的卧室。

The room was familiar; it had been belonged to me since I was born.

这房间是熟悉的,自从我生下来它就是属于我的。

The wooden floor, the light blue walls, the peaked ceiling, the yellowed lace curtains around the window —these were all a part of my childhood.

木质的楼梯,亮蓝色的墙,尖顶的天花板,黄色蕾丝边的窗帘环绕着窗户,这些部分都是我童年的。

The only changes Charlie had ever made were switching the crib for a bed and adding a desk as I grew.

随着我的长大,改变的只有查理兹曾经把婴儿床变成了大床,再加了张桌子。

The desk now held a secondhand computer, with the phone line for the modem stapled along the floor to the nearest phone jack.

桌子上有了一台二手的电脑,还有现代的电话线随着楼梯到电话口。

连着长长的拖过地板的电话线接着调制解调器到最近的电话接口。

This was a stipulation from my mother, so that we could stay in touch easily.

这是我妈妈的规定,所以我能很容易的接触到

这是与我母亲的约定,这样我们就可以更方便地联系了。

keep in touch with 与某人联系

The rocking chair from my baby days was still in the corner.

我儿时的摇椅仍然在角落里

There was only one small bathroom at the top of the stairs, which I would have to share with Charlie.

在顶楼只有一个小的房间,我不得不和查理兹一起用

I was trying not to dwell too much on that fact.

我尽力不居住太多时间。

我试着不要太纠结于这一事实。

posted @ 2016-08-04 10:18  LinkinStar  阅读(168)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报