Fork me on GitHub

Chapter 1 First Sight——6

"You didn't need to do that, Dad. I was going to buy myself a car."

你不需要这样,父亲,我会自己买一辆车的

"I don't mind. I want you to be happy here."

我不介意的,我只想让你在这过的开心

He was looking ahead at the road when he said this.

他说这些的时候眼睛看着前面的路

Charlie wasn't comfortable with expressing his emotions out loud.

查理兹对于大声表达出自己的情感不是很舒服

I inherited that from him. So I was looking straight ahead as I responded.

我也遗传了他,所以我也看着前面作为回应

"That's really nice, Dad. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

这很棒,谢谢爸爸,我很感激

" No need to add that my being happy in Forks is an impossibility.

没必要增加我在福克斯的开心是不可能的

No need to,没有必要

 

不必补充我在福克斯感到快乐是个不可能事件。他本不必忍受与我相处的漫长时光。更何况,馈赠之马不看牙——或者引擎。

 

He didn't need to suffer along with me. And I never looked a free truck in the mouth — or engine.

他不需要跟我站一边,在一个月内从来没有看见一个免费的车过,或者一个引擎

"Well, now, you're welcome," he mumbled, embarrassed by my thanks.

当然现在欢迎你来,他含糊的说着,尴尬的回应我的感谢

We exchanged a few more comments on the weather, which was wet, and that was pretty much it for Conversation.

我们对于天气交换了几句评论,哪里潮湿,这对于对话来说很好

We stared out the windows in silence.

我们在沉默中站在窗外

在没有更多的话题可供讨论以后,我们都沉默地看着窗外。

It was beautiful, of course; I couldn't deny that. Everything was green:

当然这是很漂亮的,我不能否认,所有东西都是绿的

the trees, their trunks covered with moss, their branches hanging with a canopy of it, the ground covered with ferns.

树,他们的车覆盖着苔藓,他们的长椅在外面就像是天幕一般,地都被覆盖着

Even the air filtered down greenly through the leaves.

所有的空气都弥漫着树叶的味道

It was too green — an alien planet.

这太绿了,就像外星的的植物一般

当然,这里很美。我不能否认这一点。一切都是绿色的:那些树,树干上长满了苔藓,枝干上挂着的绿叶宛如穹庐,地面覆盖着蕨科植物。就连空气都像被叶子过滤了一样弥漫着绿意。

这里太绿了——对我来说像外星球一样。

posted @ 2016-08-02 10:17  LinkinStar  阅读(212)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报