Entrepreneur's Credo of the American(美国企业家宣言)

I do not choose to be a common person.
我不要选择做一个普通人。

 

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

如果我可以,我有权成为杰出的人。

 

I seek opportunity—not security.

我寻求机会,不寻求安稳。

 

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,

我不想成为一位有保障的国民,

 

humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

孱弱而沉闷的安享着国家的照顾。

 

I want to take the calculated risk,

我要做有意义的冒险。

 

to dream and to build,

我要梦想,我要创造。

 

to fail and to succeed.

我要失败,我也要成功。

 

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

我渴望奖励,拒绝施舍。

 

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;

我宁要充满挑战的人生,也不要万无一失的活着;

 

the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

宁要心满意足的颤抖,也不要萎靡虚空的平静。

 

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence

我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠。

 

nor my dignity for a handout.

也不会拿我的崇高换取救济。

 

I will never cower before any master

我绝不在任何权威面前发抖,

 

nor bend to any threat.

也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服。

 

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;

我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,且无所畏惧。

 

to think and act for myself;

我要自由的思考和行动。

 

to enjoy the benefit of my creations;

我要纵情于我的创造的价值。

 

and to face the world boldly

我要光荣的面对着世界,

 

and say:

我要说:

 

"This, with God's help, I have done."

“在上帝的帮助下,我做到了!”

posted @ 2022-05-21 11:59  leehsiang  阅读(276)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报