Invictus 不可征服

                      By William Ernest Henley (1849-1903)


  Out of the night that covers me, 透过覆盖我的深夜,
  Black as the Pit from pole to pole, 我看见黑暗层层叠叠。
  I thank whatever gods may be 感谢上帝赐予我,
  For my unconquerable soul. 不可征服的灵魂。

 

  In the fell clutch of circumstance 就算被地狱紧紧拽住,
  I have not winced nor cried aloud. 我不会畏缩,也不会惊叫。
  Under the bludgeonings of chance 遭受命运的重重打击,
  My head is bloody, but unbowed. 我满头鲜血,却誓不低头。

 

  Beyond this place of wrath and tear 在这愤怒和泪水之外,
  Looms but the Horror of the shade, 恐怖的阴影在游荡,
  And yet the menace of the years 但来自岁月的威胁,
  Finds, and shall find, me unafraid. 发现,并应发现,我无所畏惧。

 

  It matters not how strait the gate, 无论命运之门多么狭窄,
  How charged with punishments the scroll, 也无论承受怎样的惩罚。
  I am the master of my fate: 我是自己命运的主人,
  I am the captain of my soul. 我是自己灵魂的舵手。 

posted on 2010-05-18 22:21  sn_wolf  阅读(343)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报