观切尔诺贝利
——瓦列里·毕加索夫于1988年4月26日自杀身亡 享年51岁,当天正是切尔诺贝利核泄漏时间两周年, 列加索夫的回忆录音带在苏联科学界流传开来,他的自杀让这些录音带无法被无视。
成为科学家就是成为天真的人.
To be a scientist is to be native.
我们一心扑在寻找真相上.
We are so focused on our search for truth.
我们忘了考虑.
We fail to consider.
真正希望我们找出真相的人有多少.
How few actually want us to find it.
但真相永远存在.
But it is always there.
不管我们能不能看见.
whether we see it or not.
不管我们选择看还是不看.
whether we choose toor not.
真相不会在乎我们的需求.
The truth doesn't care about our needs or wants.
不会在乎我们的政府,意识形态,宗教.
It doesn't care about our governments, our ideologies, our religions.
它会永远等在那里.
It will lie in wait for all time.
这算是切尔诺贝利留下的馈赠.
And this, at last, is the gift of Chernobyl.
我曾经很恐惧真相的代价.
Where I once would fear the cost of truth,
但现在我只想问
now I olny ask:
谎言的代价是什么?
*****What is the cost of lies?*****
做难事必有所得