Season 1, Episode 9: Tweener

 

 

- Seth: You have got to help me. 

你一定要帮我 

-Burrows:You've got to help me. 

 你一定要帮我 

-Pope: You're talking to the wrong man. This is a matter for the police. 

matter: 有关系 police: 警察

你找错人了,这是警察的事 

-Burrows: This is my son we're talking about. 

 我说的可是我儿子 

For god's sake, he’s missing. Do something! 

sake: 缘故 missing: 失踪的

看在上帝的份上他失踪了,帮帮我! 

-Pope: You have got to understand, I am the warden of a prison. 

understand: 明白 warden: 典狱长

你必须明白,我只是个监狱的狱长 

When it comes to the law, 

law: 法律

牵涉到法律问题 

there is absolutely nothing I can do. 

absolutely: 完全地 

我完全无能为力 

Whatever happens out there is out of my jurisdiction 

whatever: 无论什么 jurisdiction: 管辖权

 外面发生的事完全超出我的权力范围 

until it comes through those gates. 

until: 直到

除非事情在里面 

-Burrows: It just did. Let me out. 

 这就是里面的事! 放我出去! 

 -Pope: What? 

 什么? 

-Burrows: Let me find him.

让我去找他 

I know how he thinks. I know where he'd run. 

 我了解他的想法我知道他会去哪 

-Pope: Burrows, I would've thought that by now, 

Burrows,现在跟你说清楚 

under the circumstances, you'd understand your position as a death row inmate.

circumstance: 情况 position: 情况 inmate: 囚犯

以目前的情况你应该清楚自己是个死囚 

There is no way I can honor that request. 

honor: 批准,授予 request: 请求

这个忙我绝对帮不了 

-Burrows: That is not true. You got the power. 

 你说谎.你有这权力 

In case of a family emergency, you can grant an inmate supervised leave. 

emergency: 紧急情况 grant: 批准 supervised: 有监管的

 如果犯人家属有紧急情况你可以批准假释 

-Pope: Your son is a prime suspect in a double homicide. 

prime: 首要的 suspect: 嫌疑犯 double: 双重的,两个的 homicide: 杀人

你儿子现在是杀人案的首要嫌疑人! 

-Berwick: What do you think this is, siesta? 

siesta: 午觉

你以为来干什么的,午休? 

You see that? See my face up there? Any idea how it got there? 

 face: 脸

看到没有?看到我的脸在上面没有? 知道这是什么意思吗? 

Work ethic. 

ethic: 道德规范

工作积极性 

Those two words mean anything in your country? 

 这个词在你们国家有什么意义吗? 

I'm saying quit slowwalking me. 

quit: 停止 

在这里可不允许你懒散 

I'm not going to warn you again. 

warn: 警告

下次就不只是警告了 

What are you looking at? 

 看什么?! 

-John: bulls find this stuff; they'll know we're digging. 

bull: 警察;监狱看守 stuff: 东西 dig: 挖

狱警发现碎块就会知道我们在挖洞 

-Michael: That's why we got to get rid of it... 

所以我们要把这些处理掉... 

One piece at a time

每次一小块 

-T-Bag: Freshmen. 

 freshman: 新手,信任

新人来了 

-David: Best put on a jail face, bg. 

jail: 监狱

装得酷一点,伙计 

These crabs see you puckering, they gonna bitchify you in a heartbeat. 

puckering: 不安,激动 bitchify: 让某人变成他的BITCH【to make something/someoneyour bitchUrban Dictionary】

那些家伙看到你愁眉苦脸会把你烦到死的 

-Fernando: Looks like I got to find something else to call you now. 

 看来我现在得给你换个称呼了 

-Michael: Why is that? 

为什么? 

-Fernando: 'Cause you are not a fish no more

fish: [美国、加拿大俚语]新入狱的囚犯

 因为你现在不是"雏儿"了 

You are not the newest con in the tank no... 

tank: 囚房 con: [美国俚语]罪犯,囚犯 [convict的缩略]

 你现在不是监狱里最新的人... 

-Burrows: No. T-bag had his hooks in that kid. There was nothing you could've done. 

hook: 钩子意思是Tbag掌控这个小孩 kid : 孩子,小孩

不. T-bag掌握那孩子的生死你无能为力 

-Michael: I could have told the pope. 

pope: 教皇,这里指狱长

我本可以告诉狱长 

He could've transferred the kid to ad seg. He would've been safe. 

transfer: 转移,移送 seg: [主美国英语]隔离关押(或监禁);隔离关押(或监禁)室

他就会被送到隔离区这样就不会有事了 

-Burrows: Go easy, Michael. 

 算了,Michael 你甚至都不认识他 

-Michael: You didn't even know him. That makes it okay? 

 这样就能心安理得? 

I turned my back on him because I didn't want to make waves. 

wave: 波,波浪,波动

我因为怕惹麻烦而没去帮他 

It was just... 

 因为更容易... 

easier...to look the other way... 

 所以...无视这些事情 

 keep the plan safe. 

plan: 计划

以保证计划的安全 

-Burrows: And you did.

你做到了 

-Michael: But at what price 

price: 代价

以什么样的代价? 

That's not how she raised us. 

raised: 养育

妈妈可不是这样教我们的 

A man's down, you give him your hand. 

 down: 降低的,有难的

别人有难,就要伸出援手 

She would roll over in her grave if she knew what I'd become. 

grave: 坟墓

如果她知道我成了这样的人在坟墓里也会辗转反侧 

-Burrows:  No, she wouldn't. 

 不,不会的 

You've given me your hand, Michael.

你对我伸了援手,Michael 

My son's out there with a bull'seye on his back 

bull'seye: 靶心 back: 背部

我儿子在外面危在旦夕 

Do whatever you got to do to get us out of here, please. 

 无论如何我们也要出去,求你 

-Nike: What are you doing? 

 你在干什么? 

-Veronica: I was just looking for some coffee. 

 只是想找点咖啡 

-Nike: Yeah, there isn't any. 

 对,没咖啡了 

They belonged to my father, if you were wondering. 

belong: 属于 wonder: 想知道

那些是我父亲的,如果你想知道的话 

-Veronica: How long they been in there? 

在这放了多久了? 

-Nike: I don't know, five years. 

 不知道,五年吧 

You know, Veronica, we have been through a lot, 

 我跟你说,Veronica 我们一起经历了那么多事 

and, uh, I'm freaking out here as much as you are. 

而且,跟你一样我现在也心烦意乱 

But you get this look in your eyes sometimes like... 

 但你看我的眼神有时候就像... 

like I'm the bad guy. 

 guy: (男)人,家伙

 就像我是坏人 

-Veronica: I don't know who you are, Nick. 

 我根本不了解你,Nick 

You just magically show up like some knight in shining armor, 

magically: 如魔法的 knight: 骑士 shining: 闪亮的 armor: 装甲

你只是像穿着闪亮铠甲的骑士一样突然出现 

ready to save the day... 

 save: 拯救

准备扭转乾坤... 

-Nike: you know, II... I think you seem to be forgetting something here. 

seem: 好像 forget: 忘记

我...我觉得你忽视了一些东西 

I'm in the crosshairs the same way you are, 

crosshairs: 瞄准器

我现在跟你一样处境危险 

all for your exboyfriend, who, unlike my father, is a scumbag criminal 

ex: 以前的 scumbag: 人渣 criminal: 囚犯

都是为了你的前男友,这个人不是我父亲,只是个囚犯 

who just happens to be in prison for the one crime he didn't commit. 

只是正好他被人陷害进了监狱 

You know something? I’ve got enough of my own crap to deal with. 

enough: 足够 crap: 废话,垃圾,废物

我告诉你,我受够了这些事情 

You want to go, you go. 

 你要走就走 

-David: Mind if I lamp with you, Cuzzo? 

不介意我跟着你混吧,Cuzzo? 

-Franklin: Roll, snowflake. 

roll: 滚 snowflake: 雪花,白种人

 滚蛋,小雪花白人 

-David: Hey, man, I'm just... 

 伙计,我只是... 

I'm justjust new, you know? I'm looking' for some homies. 

homies=Homey: 伙伴【The fondest of friendsUrban Dictionary】

我是新来的,明白? 我只是在找些伴儿 

-Franklin: I said roll. 

 我说了滚! 

-David: What? I...I'm just launching'. 

 launch: 开始;着手进行

怎么了,我才刚到啊 

-Black Prisoner: Yeah? Well, launch somewhere else, white boy. 

是吗,那就到一边去,小白 

-David: Aright, y'all 

 好的,伙计 

I'm fitting to bounce. 

fitting: 合适的,适当的 bounce: 离开

 我自己会走的 

Peace. 

 peace: 安宁,平静

别激动 

-T-Bag: Boy's a bit confused about his pigmentation, 

confused: 迷惑的 pigmentation: 肤色,(动植物的)天然颜色

那个小子没意识到自己的肤色啊 

but he sure does have spunk, doesn't he? 

spunk: 勇气

但他还是有勇气的,是吧 

-Berwick: Abruzzi? 

 Abruzzi? 

 Yeah? What are you doing? 

 是? 在干什么? 

-John: What do you mean, "what am I doing?" 

 你说“在干什么?”是什么意思? 

-Berwick: First of the month's coming up, John

first: 最初的

月初就要到了,John 

-John: Yeah, so? 

怎么? 

-Berwick: I haven't got my monthly.

monthly: 每月的

这个月的我没拿到 

-John: What? 

什么? 

-Berwick: I checked my balance online

check: 检查 balance: 结存,(收支)余额 online: [计算机]在线,联机,联网[亦作 on line,online]

我在网上查了我的帐户 

it's looking seriously deficient. 

seriously: 严重的 deficient: 赤字

看起来严重赤字啊 

-John: got to be some kind of a mistake, like an accounting error or... 

mistake: 错误 accounting: 会计,结算 error: 错误

肯定是有什么错误, 比如结算问题 

-Berwick: yeah. 

 对. 

Tell Falzone that I don't stand for "accounting errors." 

stand: 忍受

告诉Falzone我不会接受清算问题这种解释 

I'm going back into my office at the end of the day. 

今天结束前我会回办公室 

Going to check my balance again 

check: 检查 balance: 收支差额

 再查我的收支情况 

If it's not up to where it's supposed to be... 

 如果没解决的话... 

all these privileges you got, like running P.I.... 

privilege: 特权 run: 经营 pi=prison industry: 监狱工厂

对你所有的照顾,比如负责P.I. 

they're gone. 

 都会消失 

Get it done, John. 

 搞定它, John 

-operator: Falzone enterprises. 

enterprise: 公司,企业

Falzone公司 

-John: Get Philly.

找Philly 

-operator: Mr. Falzone's not available. 

available: 可取得联系

抱歉,Falzone先生无法接电话 

-John: You tell him it's John Abruzzi calling. 

 你告诉他john Abruzzi打来的 

-operator: I'm sorry, I didn't realize. 

realize: 意识到

对不起,我不知道是您... 

-John: Well, now you do.

现在知道了? 

-operator: I'm sorry; he's going to have to call you back. 

 抱歉,他过会儿打给你 

-John: What? Hey... 

 什么?喂... 

-Veronica: I'm sorry .About before. 

 对不起.关于刚才的事 

-Nike: Pressure's getting to us, that's all. 

pressure: 压力

大家都有压力,我知道 

Good news is nobody can reach us out here. My old man made sure of that. 

好消息是没人找的到我们我父亲帮我们做到这点 

Never even hooked up a telephone same with the well and the generator 

even: 甚至 hook up: 安装(收音机、电话机等) well: 井 generator: 发电机

不要碰电话,还有井和发电机 

You know, I used to think he was some kind of conspiracy theory wacko. 

conspiracy: 阴谋 theory: 理论 wacko=wack: 怪人

我曾想他是个阴谋论怪人 

Turns out maybe he was right. 

看来他是对的 

-Veronica: I can't stay, Nick. I got to get back. 

 我不想留下,Nick 我要回去 

He's got less than two weeks. 

他剩不到两个星期了 

-Nike: The old man used to call this his "serious" tie. 

 他称这个是关键领带 

He only wore it when he really... 

wore: wear的过去式,穿戴

只在他认为 

really meant business. 

重要时才戴 

Be dangerous, you know, showing our faces again. 

dangerous: 危险

我们再露面会很危险 

-Veronica: Not if they're not looking for us. They think we're dead, right? 

除非他们不再找我们他们认为我们已经死了,是吧? 

I know. How long's that going to last? 

last: 持续

 我知道. 但这样会持续很长吗? 

Got to be quick, be smart about it 

 smart: 聪明的,伶俐的

要迅速,灵活应对 

Way I see it, we're just going to be running in circles 

circle: 小圈子,圆圈

依我看,我们只需要在一定范围调查 

if we think we're going to find exculpatory evidence before the execution—

exculpatory: 洗刷罪名的 evidence: 证据 execution: 死刑

在行刑前找到无罪的证据 

proof he didn't do it. 

proof: 证明,证据

证明他没做过 

-Nike: I've gone up against pretty much every prosecutor in Cook County. 

cook: [美国口语]领袖,头儿 county: 郡

我差不多和 cook郡的每个检察官都做交过手

A man gets murdered, the first person they want to talk to 

 murder: 谋杀

一个男人被杀,他们第一个想联系的... 

To see who his real enemies werethe wife

enemy: 敌人

他真正的敌人的妻子 

-Veronica: You want to go after the queen bee herself? 

queen: 女王,王后  bee: 蜜蜂

 你要调查那个蜂王? 

-Nike: Leslie Steadman. 

 Leslie Steadman 

Everyone in town knows the old bird lunches at the Lexington every day. 

 lunch: 吃午饭

每个镇上的人都知道在Lexington 

With the society set

society: 社会  set: 集合

还有社会集合 

-John: Hey, slow it down. 

喂,慢点 

Slow it down! 

 慢点! 

Easy, my man

 喂 

Your brother is gonna give us away. 

你哥会让我们都暴露的 

-Fernando: bull's coming. 

 bull: 警察;监狱看守

牛来了 

- Louis: Everybody out. 

 所以人都出去 

-T-Bag: What?

什么? 

- Louis:I said, everybody out! 

 我说了,所有人都出去! 

Now. 

 就现在 

Move it! 

 快走 

 Where are we going? Down there. Around the corner 

 corner: 角落

去哪啊 向前.走到墙角 

And don't move a damn muscle till I come get you. 

move: 移动 damn: 该死的 muscle: 肌肉

在我去找你们前不要想动 

Go. 

 去吧 

-Fernando: What the hell's going on? 

 到底怎么了? 

- Becky: We're so bad, aren't we? 

damn: [口语]一点点,丝毫 

我们太坏了,是吧?

Damn skimpy. 

skimpy: 不足的,不够的

你太坏了.

-CO: Let's go.

走吧 

You got to give us more of a warning next time.

warning: 警告

你下次应该多给点警报 

-Fernando: I'm sorry. 

 对不起 

-Michael: He just showed up. 

 他突然出现 

- Becky: oh, we're going to get caught. 

我们会被抓的 

- Louis: By who? 

warden: 狱长 

被谁 

- Becky: By the warden

狱长 

- Louis: baby, right now, in this room... 

 宝贝,现在,在这 

at this moment... 

 在这个时候 

I... am the warden. 

 我就... 是狱长. 

 say it. 

 说啊 

- Becky: No, I'm not going to say it.

我不会说的 

- Louis: say it. 

 说吧 

- Becky: You're the warden, Louis! 

 你就是狱长,Louis! 

-Burrows: The sneaky son of a bitch 

sneaky: 鬼祟的 

这对婊子养的 

-Fernando: you think he found the hole? 

 你认为他发现那洞了 

-Michael: Another inch and he would have found it. 

inch: 寸

 再移一寸他就会发现了 

We need to find something to cover this hole ASAP. 

cover: 掩盖 ASAP= As Soon As Possible: 越快越好

我们尽快得找点东西把洞口盖上 

-John: Broke? What do you mean broke? 

broke: 破产

 破产你说破产是指什么 

-man: The ccorp

 公司 

The investment accounts. 

investment: 投资 account: 帐户

 投资帐户 

Even the offshore stuff, caymans, Bermuda

offshore: 国外的 stuff: 东西 cayman: 鳄鱼

还有海边的百慕大鳄鱼产业 

Philly Falzone liquidated everything. 

liquidate: 清理账目

 Philly也会把帐算清 

-John: Hey, I told you from the beginning what would happen if you screwed me. 

screw: 惹生气

我一开始就告诉过你如果你惹我下场会是如何 

-man: And I heeded it. 

我注意了 

That's why I warned you from the getgo not to give Philly power of attorney. 

attorney: 律师

这就是我一开始就警告过你不要让Philly做你的律师 

We had that conversation, 

conversation: 谈话

我们谈过的

-John: remember

记得吗 

-man: Look, the only real funds you have left are the 30,000 in your wife's pocket account.

funds: 资金

你实际剩下的钱就是你妻子户头上的3万美元 

 Now, I could... 

 touch: 动,碰触

我现在可以... 

-John: don't...don't touch that.

不要动那些钱不要碰 

Nobody touches that but her. 

 除了我妻子以外谁也不能碰那笔钱 

-man: What do I tell her? 

 我要告诉她什么 

You know, about all of this? 

 你知道所有的事情吗

-John: Don't tell her anything.

什么也别告诉她 

Okay? 

 好吗 

-man: The statements are going to come. 

statement: 声明

破产声明马上就要到了 

 She's going to know. 

 她会知道的。

-John: Hey, I told you...

嘿我告诉过你 

don't... tell... her. 

 别告诉她 

Right 

 好吗 

Is that a problem? 

 有问题吗 

-man: Okay, John 

 没问题 John 

You know where to contact me if you need anything else. 

contact: 联系

如果还有其他需要帮助的你就联系我 

-John: The same goes for you. 

 有事的话你也可以找我 

Hey. 

 嘿 

Hey! 

 嘿! 

- Prisoner: Philly. 

 Philly 

How are you? 

 最近好吗 

– Philly: sit down. 

 请坐 

Sit. 

 坐 

-CO: Come on, John. 

 过来 John 

-operator: Looks like there's no record of a fox river medical practice on our list of participating hmos or ppos. 

record: 记录 participate: 参与

代理的卫生组织或是首选供应商列表上好像没有福克斯河药业的记录 

-Sarah: Okay, that's because we're a state penitentiary,

penitentiary: 监狱,拘留所

是的,那是因为我们是州立监狱 

and we're actually in kind of a unique situation here. 

unique: 独特的 situation: 情况

 而且我们这里情况特殊 

Mr. Scofield's insurance policy from his previous employer hasn't lapsed yet. 

insurance: 保险 policy: 政策  previous: 前一个的 employer: 老板 lapse: (由于未按时交纳保险金而引起的)保险中止

 Scofield先生的上一个老板给他的保险还没有失效 

For that reason, the state's demanding that you pay for his treatment and not the taxpayers. 

demanding: 命令 treatment: 治疗 taxpayers: 纳税人

所以州里命令你支付他的经费而不是用纳税人的钱 

-operator: Okay... 

 好的 

well, it says here he already met his deductible... 

deductible: 免税减免的部分

另外听说他已经补上了免税的部分 

-Sarah: okay. 

 好的 

-operator: Oh, no, wait, that's his psych deductible, not his medical. 

psych: 精神病类 medical: 医用的

 哦不等等这是精神病类保险不是常规类... 

-Sarah: Sorry, "psych" as in "psychiatric"? 

psychiatric: 精神病的

 对不起 psych是指精神病类? 

-John: I give you permission to call to Philly? 

permission: 许可

 我允许你给Philly打电话 

- Jelly: Hey, I asked you a question, man. 

 伙计我问你问题呢 

Listen, there, uh... 

 听着 

there's been a restructuring. 

restructuring: 调整

 这儿的规矩得变变 

This comes from Philly himself. 

 这是Philly自己说的 

You couldn't deliver Fibonacci... 

deliver: 递送,交付

你用不着递话 

so I'm the man in here now. 

 我现在是这儿的老大 

-John: Hey, Jelly wad... 

 听着 Jelly 

run to the commissary, get me a bag of chips, 

commissary: 杂货商店 chips: 薯条

 去商品给我买一袋薯条 

we'll pretend this never happened, right? 

pretend: 假装

我就当什么事都没发生过 

- Jelly: Yeah, I'm telling you, John. 

 好的我告诉你 John 

The sooner you face these facts, the better off we will all be. 

sooner: 越早 facts: 事实 better off: 情况更好

你越早面对这些事实我们相处地就会越好 

-John: I could kill you in a heartbeat. 

 heartbeat: 心跳

我可以让你马上死。 

- Jelly: somehow I doubt that. 

somehow: 不知怎么地  doubt: 怀疑

我对此表示怀疑 

The sooner you face facts, the better off we will all be. 

 你越早面对这些事实我们相处地就会越好 

You're yesterday's news, John. 

 你已经过气了 John 

-David: What's the word, brother man? You all cooking brownies or what? 

 cook: 严刑逼供;[美国英语]用电刑处死 brownies: 巧克力饼干 指黑人

这是在干吗? 对付黑人?

- Prisoner: Act your race, milk chicken. 

act: 行为,表现 race: 种族

规矩点

-David: What's your deal, yo? You got tough buckets or something? 

tough: 强壮的,强硬的 buckets: 水桶  在这里也有屁股的意思

什么意思?人多势众怎么着? 

- Prisoner: You're a disgrace to your skin, you know that? 

disgrace: 丢脸 skin: 皮肤

你在给白人丢脸知道吗 

-T-Bag: the boy just slipped. 

slip: 滑倒

那小子只是滑倒了 

the boy just slipped. 

 只是滑倒了 

is not that right? 

 是不是? 

come on, stand up. 

 起来 

-CO: All right, cons, back to your cells. 

 con: [美国俚语]罪犯,囚犯 [convict的缩略] cell: 牢房

 好了都回到牢房里 

-T-Bag: What's your name, boy? 

 你叫什么名字 

-Burrows: that? 

 是谁

- Shearing: Shearing.

Shearing 

-Burrows: Shearing, you've heard about my kid, right? 

 Shearing 你知道我儿子的事了吧是不是 

- Shearing: Take the tray, Linc. 

tray: 盘子

 把盘子拿去 Linc 

-Burrows: I, uh... 

 我 

I just need to call him. 

我只要求给他打个电话 

- Shearing: Just...take the tray, 

 接着盘子 Linc 

or I'm going to shove it in there and you can eat it off the ground. 

shove: 猛推

再不接我就把它推进去那你就要在地上吃了 

-Burrows: You had a son. 

 你也有一个儿子 

Josh. 

 叫Josh  

- Shearing: Don't do anything stupid, Linc. 

stupid: 愚蠢的

Linc 别做蠢事 

-Burrows: I'm not, I... 

 不会的,我... 

I just want to ask you a question then I'm going to let go. 

 我问一个问题就让你走 

What if it were, josh? 

要是是你儿子你怎么办? 

What if it were your son? 

 如果碰到是你儿子呢? 

Please. 

 求你了 

- L.J: dad? 

 爸? 

-Burrows: LJ. Thank god. Are you all right? 

 LJ,谢天谢地. 你没事吧? 

- L.J: No. 

 不好 

I'm nowhere near it. 

 我现在不知道身在何处 

-Burrows: What do you mean? 

 什么意思?

Where are you?

你现在哪儿? 

- L.J: What they're saying about me itit's not true. 

 他们讲的关于我的事情,都是假的 

 I know it's not true. Theythey killed her. 

我知道是他们杀了妈妈 

They killed her. They... 

 他们杀了她他们... 

right in front of me, right in front of my eyes, man... 

就在我眼前,我目睹了一切,天哪 

-Burrows: you got to... you got to... 

 你要...你要... 

- L.J: why are they doing this? 

他们为什么这样做?

-Burrows: Listen, listen, you got to step up.

听着,孩子,你要学会坚强 

You got to be the man now. You understand me? 

 要像个大人一样懂我的意思吗? 

 You understand me, LJ? Yeah. 

 明白吗,LJ? 嗯 

Okay, I want you to call Veronica. 

 好,现在我要你打电话Veronica 

- L.J: Her number is disconnected. I already tried. 

disconnect: 断开连接 already: 已经

她的电话打不通,我之前打过了 

-Burrows: Nick Savrinn. You call Nick Savrinn, works for project justice. 

 打给nick Savrinn "终极司法"的那个 

You call him once we're done. 

once: 一旦

我们说完之后你打给他. 

 You got it? 

 记住了吗?

- L.J: Nick Savrinn.

Nick Savrinn 

Okay. Okay, I'll call. I'll call. 

 恩,好的我会打的会打的坚持住伙计 

Okay. 

 好 

They're here. 

 他们在这 

-Burrows: Who is here? 

 谁在那儿? 

LJ? LJ?! 

 LJ? LJ?! 

did you hear that? 

 你听到了吗? 

-Kellerman: Did you hear it? 

 你听到了吗? 

Do you know what that means? 

mean: 意味着

你知道那意味着什么吗? 

Why don't you ask your mom what it means? 

 为什么不去问问你妈那意味着什么? 

Oh, I'm sorry. You might have trouble getting an answer out of her right about now, huh? 

answer: 答案

哦,对不起从她那里得到回答应该有点困难 

LJ? 

 LJ? 

-Veronica: I saw that. 

 connect: 连接,联系

我看到信息了

-Nike: Just getting connected, that's all.

才刚联系到,别担心 

There she is. 

 就是她 

Mrs. Steadman? 

 Steadman 夫人? 

I'm Dick Sisler. This is my associate, Francette Kelly. 

associate: 助理

我是Dick Sisler. 这是我的助理 Francette Kelly 

We're with the national victims' crimes association. 

victim: 受害者 national: 国家的 crime: 犯罪 association: 联合会

我们都是国家受害者联合会的 

We provide assistance for victims of violent crimes. 

provide: 提供 assistance: 帮助 violent: 暴力的

我们为暴力犯罪的受害者提供帮助。 

Gather support for toughoncrime political candidates. 

gather: 集中;收集 support: 支持 political: 政治的 candidates: 候选人

为涉嫌犯罪的政治领导候选人给予帮助 

- Mrs. Steadman: Bravo. 

bravo: 好啊!好极了!妙!干得好!

真伟大 

Look, if your organization's looking for a handout, 

organization: 组织 handout: 捐款

如果你们组织在寻求资金支持 

young man, you can go through my business manager. 

business: 商业 manager: 经理

年轻人,请和我的商业部经理去交涉 

-Nike: Ma'am, that is not why we're here. Actually, may we sit down? 

actually: 事实上

夫人,我们不是为此事而来事实上,可以坐下说吗? 

We were hoping you could help us with one of our more public cases—

public: 公众的 case: 案件

我们希望您能就众多案件的一件提供些帮助 

the Lincoln Burrows case. 

 是Lincoln Burrows一案 

-Veronica: As you know, he's making unfounded claims that he's innocent. 

unfounded: 没有事实根据的 claim: 声称 innocent: 无辜的

如您所知,他因那些伪造的证据被起诉事实上他是无辜的 

That others had motive to murder your husband. 

motive: 动机 murder: 谋杀

是其他人蓄意谋杀了您丈夫 

- Mrs. Steadman: I really don't have time for a long conversation. 

conversation: 谈话

我实在没有时间听你们长篇大论 

-Veronica: Mrs. Steadman, it doesn't have to be a long conversation. 

 Steadman 夫人,不会耽误您太久的 

- Mrs. Steadman: If we talked about who had motive to kill Terrence, 

kill: 杀

 如果要谈谁有谋杀Terrence的动机 

we'd be here all day. 

 我们可以在这里呆上整天 

-Veronica: I'm sorry? 

 什么意思? 

- Mrs. Steadman: Look around.

-看看周围 

Half the people in this place were shareholders in his company. 

shareholder: 股东  company: 公司

这里有一半人是他公司的股东 

Every one of them sat at my husband's memorial, 

memorial: 纪念仪式

每个人都在装着悼念他 

and every one of them was thinking the same thing. 

但每个人都有同样一个想法 

"Thank god he's gone." 

 "谢天谢地他终于死了" 

-Nike: Why would they think that? 

 为什么会这样想? 

- Mrs. Steadman: Money.

钱 

As soon as rumors of the indictment started, 

 rumor: 谣言 indictment: 起诉

指控的流言一传开 

you should have seen them run for the exits. 

 exit: 安全门,出口

 他们就开始作鸟兽散 

-Veronica: I wasn't aware of any indictment. 

aware: 知道的,意识到的

我没听过指控的事 

- Mrs. Steadman: It never came down. He died before it could. 

从没被证实过还没开始他就死了 

-Nike: Have anything to do with EcoField? 

math: 算数

跟Ecofield有关系吗? 

- Mrs. Steadman: Do the math.

你可以算一下 

CEO of a corporation gets indicted for fraud, investors start losing money. 

corporation: 公司 indict: 起诉,控告 fraud: 欺骗 investor: 投资人

公司总裁被指控诈骗投资者就会损失钱 

Lots of money 

 大笔的钱 

If I didn't know for sure burrows pulled that trigger, 

trigger: [军事](枪的)扳机 pull: 拉,扣

 要不是我还不确定是不是borrow开的枪 

I would say it was any one of these people in this restaurant. 

restaurant: 餐厅

我可能会怀疑这个餐厅里的任何一个人 

We're talking billions of dollars, Mr. Sisler. 

billions: 十亿 dollars: 美元

这可是上亿美元啊,Sisler先生 

People have killed for a lot less. 

 这笔钱要让人去杀人绰绰有余了 

-T-Bag: Not a good position you find yourself in, is it? 

position: 位置

左右不是人,是吧? 

Whites don't want you, blacks don't want you. 

 白人不要你,黑人也不要你 

You're just caught in the middle, aren't you? 

middle: 中间

你刚好卡在中间了,不是吗? 

A regular tweener

Regular: 标准的 tweener: 无法归类的人;无法归类的运动员

 标准的"左右不靠" 

We're different, you and me, lot of ways. 

different: 不同的

我跟你不是同一路人 

But, you know, the funny thing is, we're also a lot alike. 

funny: 搞笑的 alike: 像

但有趣的是,我们还有很多相似之处 

Couple of dogs with runny noses that nobody loves 

couple: 两个  runny: 流鼻涕的

 一对没人爱的可怜小狗 

How's that knee, by the way? 

 膝盖怎么样了,问一下? 

 -David:What the hell you doing? 

  你搞什么? 

 

-T-Bag: No. No, no, no.

不,不,不 

Don'tdon't get me wrong. I'm just a friend. 

 别误解我.我只是跟你做朋友 

-David:Yeah, a fruity friend. I don't need none of that. 

fruity: 男性同性恋的 none: 一点也不

对,"亲密"朋友.我可不要这个 

-T-Bag: Easy now 

 别激动 

-David:No, no, no.

不,不,不 

You think you getting up in this, you got another think coming, you homo. 

homo= homosexual: 同性恋

你嘴里说得好听,却心怀鬼胎你这死同性恋 

-T-Bag: You got a foul mouth, you know that? 

foul: 肮脏的

你嘴巴很不检点,你知道吗? 

-David: Yeah, I do, and you come near me again, I'm gonna kill you. 

 没错,你敢再靠近我,我会杀了你 

-T-Bag: well, then, you're just gonna have to, little man. 

 哦,那你尽管来吧,小朋友 

You got to sleep with one eye open, girlie. 

girlie: 女孩子

你最好睁着眼睡觉,娘娘腔 

-David:Bring it on, bitch. 

 bitch: 母狗,泼妇,婊子 

放马过来,贱货 

-T-Bag: Oh, I'm gonna.

gonna=going to: 将要

我会的,我会的 

 I'm gonna bring it on in spades. 

spade:  铲;锹

我会来的 

-Michael: Maybe you ought to leave the kid alone.

你最好别缠着那孩子 

-Michael: And maybe you're in no position to be telling me my business, hmm? 

 你最好别多管闲事,嗯? 

That's what I thought. 

 就这么简单 

-doctor: I'm sure you can understand my reluctance to discuss past patients. 

reluctance: 不愿意 discuss: 讨论 past: 以前的 patient: 病人

你肯定理解我不能谈论以前的病人 

-Sarah: Absolutely

absolutely: 当然地

当然 

Uh, my understanding is that under HIPAA, 

HIPAA=Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act: 健康保险流通与责任法案

呃,不过我也知道根据HIPAA法案

we're allowed to share information as long as it furthers the care of the patient. 

allow: 容许 share: 分享 information: 信息 

只要病人被转移治疗我们可以共享资料 

I'm not accustomed to making inquiries like this, but, I, uh... 

accustom: 习惯  inquire: 询问

我不太习惯这样质问别人,但是,我... 

I feel like I can get through to him. 

 我感觉我可以治好他 

I can help him. 

 我可以帮他 

-doctor: I imagine he needs it in there. 

imagine: 想象

 可以想像他在那确实需要帮助 

-Sarah: What did you treat him for? 

treat: 治疗

 你给他治疗什么病? 

-doctor: Well, Michael suffered from a couple of things. 

suffer: 遭受

Michael有好几种病 

One was a condition called lowlatent inhibition. 

condition: 情况 latent: 潜在的 inhibition: 抑制

其中一种叫做"潜在抑制症" 

-Sarah: I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with the term. 

term: 术语 familiar: 熟悉的

 不好意思,我不太懂术语 

-doctor: well, people who suffer from lowlatent inhibition see everyday things just like you or I do. 

 这种病人看到的东西跟我们不一样 

Like this lamp, for instance 

lamp: 灯 instance: 例子

比如灯,做个例子 

But where we just process the image of a lamp, 

process: 用照相版影印;洗印电影胶片,冲洗加工  image: 图像

但我们眼中只能看到灯的形象 

they process everything. 

 他们能看到一切 

The stem, the bulb, the bolts, even the washers inside. 

stem: 支架 bulb: 灯泡 bolt: 螺钉 washer: 垫圈

支架,灯泡,螺钉,甚至里面的垫圈 

Their brains are more open to incoming stimuli in the surrounding environment. 

brain: 脑子 incoming: 进来的 stimuli: 刺激 environment: 环境

 他们的脑子对周围事物的信息更开放 

Other people's brains 

 其他人的脑子 

Yours and mine shut out the same information. 

像你和我则把这些信息关在外面 

We have to do it in order to keep our sanity. 

sanity: 神智健全

我们这么做是为了保持心智健全 

If someone with a low IQ has lowlatent inhibition, 

 IQ= intelligence quotient: 智商

如果智商低的人患了"潜在抑制症" 

it almost always results in mental illness. 

mental: 精神的 illness: 疾病

结果通常是精神分裂 

But if someone has a high IQ, 

 但如果患者有足够高的智商 

it almost always results in creative genius. 

creative: 有创造力的 genius: 天才

结果通常是极具创造性的天才 

-Sarah: Do you think Michael’s a genius? 

 你认为Michael是天才吗? 

-doctor: Well, I think that word's been derogated in the media these days, 

derogate: 贬低 media: 媒体

这个词已经被当今媒体毁了 

but in the classic sense of the word, yes, I do. 

classic: 经典的 sense: 意义

不过以这个词的本意来讲没错,是的 

-Sarah: You you said there was something else you treated him for. 

 你说他还有其它疾病 

-doctor: He came to me with absolutely no sense of selfworth. 

absolutely: 完全地,非常 sense: 感觉 selfworth: 自信心

他刚来的时候非常没有自信心 

The loss of both parents very often does that to a child. 

 失去双亲的孩子通常都会这样 

But with the lowlatent inhibition, 

 但由于"潜在抑制症" 

something interesting happened to Michael. 

interesting: 有趣的

 Michael身上发生了一些有趣的事 

He became very attuned to all the suffering around him. 

attune: 共鸣  suffering: 苦难

他变得对周围的苦难有强烈的共鸣 

He couldn't shut it out. 

他无法坐视不管 

He became a rescuer, 

rescuer: 救助者

他成了帮助者 

one of those people who are more concerned with other people's welfare than their own. 

concern: 关心 welfare: 幸福  own: 自己的

这种人关心其他人的幸福远多过关心自己 

-Sarah: I didn't know all this about him. 

 这些我一点都不了解 

-doctor: Then maybe you don't know Michael Scofield. 

 那说明你不了解Michael Scofield 

-Sarah: Yeah. 

 没错 

-Nike: Checking my voicemail at work 

check: 查看 voicemail: 语音信箱

我的语音信箱有新消息 

Lincoln's son LJ just left me a message. 

 Lincoln 的儿子LJ刚给我留了言 

He's in trouble. 

trouble: 麻烦

 他有麻烦了 

- L.J: hello? 

 谁? 

-Veronica: LJ, it's Veronica. Where are you?

 LJ,我是 Veronica.你在哪? 

- L.J: Oh, Veronica, I don't know. 

 噢,Veronica,我不知道 

You got to come get me. 

 你必须来接我 

-Veronica: We can't, okay? We're not in Chicago. You have to come to us. 

 我么不行,知道吗?我们不在芝加哥你要过来找我们 

- L.J: All right. Where's that? 

 好吧.你们在哪? 

 How the hell do they know where I am? 

 hell: 地狱

他们到底怎么知道我在哪的? 

-Veronica: What's going on?

怎么了? 

- L.J: How the hell do they know where I am? 

 他们为什么总是知道我在哪的? 

-Veronica: LJ... 

 LJ... 

 LJ, I want you to listen to me. 

 LJ,你听我说 

- L.J: You don't understand.

你不知道 

Everywhere I go, they're there. 

我去任何地方,他们都能找到 

-Veronica: I want you to listen to me, okay?

我要你听我说,OK? 

I need you to come to us. We're in Lake Mercer. 

lake: 湖

 我需要你来找我们我们在 Lake Mercer 

- L.J: Where's that? 

 那是什么地方?

-Veronica: It's a small town.

 是一个小镇 

It's on the Iowa border. There's a bus station. 

border: 边境 station: 站

在爱荷华州边境.那有个车站 

Buy a ticket, and we'll meet you there. 

 去买张车票,我们会在那儿接你 

- Danny: Okay. They're still alive. 

 alive: 活着的

OK.他们还活着 

-Kellerman: Looks like a bird in the hand just became three. 

看来可以一箭三雕了 

Let's go. 

 我们走 

But the kid's right... 

 但是这孩子就在... 

-Kellerman: let's go.

我们走 

- L.J: They're leaving. They're leaving. 

 他们走了,他们走了 

-Veronica: LJ, I need to know that you hear me, okay? 

 LJ,我要你仔细听我说,OK? 

- L.J: Lake Mercer

 Lake Mercer 

Lake Mercer, okay. 

 Lake Mercer,知道了 

All right, bye 

 好的,到时候见 

- Prisoner: what the hell are you doing? 

 你他妈的在干什么? 

-John: Delivering yesterday's news. 

delivering: 传送,表达

为了感谢你昨天告诉我的 

-ticket seller: Your bus leaves from depot six in just a few minutes. 

depot: 车站

车子几分钟后就将从6号站发车 售票员

Thanks. 

 谢谢 

-Sarah: I, uh... 

 我,呃... 

uh, just wanted you to know that if you're looking for someone to talk to in here, you're not alone. 

 alone: 单独的

只是想让你知道如果你想在这找人谈谈我原意 

It's part of my job to counsel inmates and help them with their problems. 

counsel: 咨询  inmate: 囚犯 

 帮助犯人解决困难也是我工作的一部分 

-Michael: I think I have things pretty well figured out. 

 我想我自己能把事情处理好的 

-Sarah: I sort of backed into some information about you. 

我了解了一些你的背景 

I hope you don't mind. 

 我希望你不介意 

But you have to understand that there's a reason I became a doctor. 

 你要明白我成为医生的初衷就是想帮助别人 

It's in my nature to want to help. 

nature: 本能

这是我的本能 

From what I understand, it's in your nature, too. 

 从我理解的角度,这也是你的天性 

You did a lot of good things before you were in here 

 你来这之前作了很多的工作 

a lot of community work, a lot of charity work. 

community: 社区   charity: 慈善,善举

很多社会工作,很多慈善事业 

What happened? 

 发生了什么? 

-Michael: The man you're talking about died the moment I stepped inside these walls. 

step: 步行,行走

你谈论的那个男人进这地方那一刻就已经死了 

-Sarah: All right 

 好吧 

-Kellerman: Ladies and gentlemen, United States secret service. 

先生女士们,美国特工 

Please remain calm. 

remain: 保持 calm: 冷静的

请保持镇静 

Remain where you are. 

 呆在你的位置不要动 

Come here. 

 来 

-Veronica: It's okay. 

 没事了 

They're leaving. 

 他们走了 

Dump the phone, they're tracking you. We're in New Glarus 

dump: 扔掉 track: 追踪你

 扔掉你的手机,他们在跟踪你我们在 New Glarus 

You're safe now, all right? 

 你现在安全了 

-Mack: Received communication from your attorney

receive: 收到 communication: 消息  attorney: 律师

收到一份你代理律师发来的文件 

Please sign this document, 

sign: 签字 document: 文件

在这签名 

certifying that I inspected the communication for contraband, 

certifying: 保证 inspected: 检查 contraband: 违禁品

保证你这份文件里面不含非法以及 

without at any time breaching attorneyclient privilege by reading the materials enclosed herein. 

breaching: 违背 client: 客户 privilege: 权利 materials: 材料 enclosed: 被附上的herein: 签于

违背律师的权利的内容

 

[Notes from Mrs. Weitzman’s 6th grade biology class] 

note: 笔记 biology: 生物

Weitzman先生六年级的生物课笔记 

LJ, I'm with Veronica, I'm ok, I love you 

 LJ,我和Veronica在一起我很好,我爱你

 

-Fernando: What are you grinning about? 

grin: 咧嘴而笑

你在笑什么? 

-T-Bag: Oh, just the fact that I'm gonna be out on the real world here in a little bit. 

噢只是在想我很快就会从这鬼地方出去了 

The fact that I'm gonna get me one final piece of tail certainly don't hurt either. 

tail: 跟班的  certainly: 无疑地,肯定地

 其实是我要搞到最后一个小跟班了哈 

Nothing like tail, eh, Scofield 

 没什么比这更让人兴奋了,是不,Scofield 

Son of a bitch! 

 婊子养的! 

-Michael: It ends right now. 

 你到头了 

-T-Bag: Oh, you just screwed some major league pooch, pretty. 

screw: [美国口语]使心烦意乱 major: 职业 league: 联盟 pooch: 狗

噢,你刚惹了一个职业大嗓门,小伙子 

I'm gonna sing like a whole tree full of birds now. 

 我将会象1000支鸭子那样唱歌 

 Badge! 

badge: 徽章指警察

警卫! 

-Michael: You want to sing, then sing.

你想唱?那唱好了 

But you know what I think? 

 但是你知道我怎么想吗? 

You don't have the guts. 

gut: 胆子,勇气

你手上没有什么砝码 

You want out of here just as much as the rest of us. 

 你和我们一样想尽快离开这鬼地方 

-CO: We got a problem here? 

 这里有人想找麻烦吗 

No. 

 没 

I, uh... 

 我,呃... 

-T-Bag: II thought we were, uh, missing some tools here. My bad.

miss: 漏掉 tool: 工具

我我刚发现其实工具没有少.我的错 

-CO: get back to work 

 回去工作 

-Michael: Now... 

 现在... 

you and I may be stuck together in this little dance, 

你和我是拴在一根绳上的蚂蚱 

but I call the shots. 

shot: 射击

但是怎么干我说的算 

That kid out there? 

 外面的那个孩子 

You don't touch him ever. 

 再也不要去动他 

Do we understand each other? 

 明白了? 

-T-Bag: We do. 

 明白 

-Berwick: Out of the way, Julio

 闪开,Julio 

Abruzzi. 

 Abruzzi 

You and me, we got to have a conversation. 

 conversation: 谈话

你和我,我们需要谈一会 

-Burrows:How come he didn't fall through? 

 他怎么没陷下去? 

-John: What? 

 什么? 

-Berwick: I warned you. 

 warn: 通知,警告

 我提醒过你 

-John: I'll get it together. 

 我会搞定的 

You got to give me more time. 

 再给我点时间 

-T-Bag: You've had your time, John. 

 你已经用完你的时间了,John 

You tripping on something, Alice 

tripping: 绊倒的

 你跌跟头了,Alice? 

Yeah, that's what I thought. 

 哈,正如我所料 

Lamp it up in here again, I'm fitting to wreck some shop. 

 lamp: 灯;照亮 fitting: 合适的 wreck: 破坏;毁坏

你再敢在这出现,我让你吃不了兜着走 

-Fernando: We got a problem. 

 我们有麻烦了 

-John: Bellick. 

 Bellick 

Boss? 

 老大? 

Boss. 

 老大 

What's happening? What they doing? 

 发生什么了?他们在这做什么? 

-Berwick: Fixing the break room 

 fix: 修理

整修那间烧毁的房子 

-John:What are you talking about?

你在说什么? 

That's P.I. I run it.

 P.I=prison industry: 监狱工厂

 那是P.I做的事而是是我来安排 

-Berwick: Not anymore you don't. 

 不再是了