不可征服

        昨天晚上看了一部电影,老帅哥克林特.伊斯特伍德执导的《不可征服》描写的是南非总统纳尔逊曼德拉的一段经历,其中有一首诗,伴随曼德拉走过了将近30年的牢狱生活,出自英国十九世纪维多利亚时期诗人威廉亨利的名篇《不可征服》,我很喜欢抄录如下:

   Out of the night that covers me, 透过覆盖我的深夜, 
  Black as the Pit from pole to pole, 我看见层层无底的黑暗。 
  I thank whatever gods may be 感谢上帝曾赐我, 
  For my unconquerable soul. 不可征服的灵魂。 
  In the fell clutch of circumstance 就算被地狱紧紧攫住, 
  I have not winced nor cried aloud. 我不会畏缩,也不惊叫。 
  Under the bludgeoninmgs of chance 经受过一浪又一浪的打击, 
  My head is bloody, but unbowed. 我满头鲜血都不低头。 
  Beyond this place of wrath and tear 在这满是愤怒和眼泪的世界之外, 
  Looms but the Horror of the shade, 恐怖的阴影在游荡。 
  And yet the menace of the years 还有,未来的威胁, 
  Finds, and shall find, me unafraid. 可我是毫不畏惧的。 
  It matters not how strait the gate, 无论我将穿过的那扇门有多窄, 
  How charged with punishments the scroll, 无论我将肩承怎样的责罚。 
  I am the master of my fate: 我是命运的主宰, 
  I am the captain of my soul. 我是灵魂的统帅。
顺便说一句,摩根弗里曼老爷子的演技还是这么棒,不动声色的煽情一如在《肖申克的救赎》中里面一样。

posted on 2012-01-11 11:40  文魁  阅读(337)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报

导航