Watch Before You Feel Pressure

Today's assembly is about the start of a journey.
今天的大会是一个旅程的开始。

The start of the rest of your lives.
这是你余生的开始。

In 2 years time all of you will be finishing your A levels.
两年后,你们所有人都将完成你们的A级考试。

In 3 years time you'll be studying across the world.
三年后你将在世界各地学习。

studying at the university of your choice.
在你选择的大学学习。

In 5 years time you'll have started your careers.
5年后你就可以开始你的职业生涯了。

Many of you will be in this room working for the top institutions across the globe.
你们中的许多人将在这个房间里为全球顶尖学府工作。

You will then get married, you then may buy a house.
然后你会结婚,然后你可能会买房子。

In 10 years time your life will be set for you.
10年后,你的人生就会为你而定。

In 15 years you'll be 30 and from then on your path, your life will be set.
15年后你就30岁了,从那以后,你的人生就会走上正轨。

I'm sorry Mr.Headmaster.
对不起,校长。

let me tell you why that approach may fail you.
让我告诉你为什么这可能是错误的

I know people who graduated at 21 and didn't get a job until they were 27.
我认识一些人,他们21岁毕业,但是27岁才找到工作。

I know people who graduated late at 25 and they found work immeadiately.
我认识一些人,他们25岁才毕业了,但是很快就找到了工作。

I know people who never went to university, but found what they love at 18.
我认识一些人,他们从未上过大学,但在18岁时找到了自己喜欢的事情。

I know people who found a job straight out of college making decent money, but hate what they do.
我认识一些人,他们刚从大学毕业就找到了一份赚大钱的工作,但他们并不为此感到开心。

I know people who took gap years and found their purpose.
我认识一些人,他们利用间隔年找到了自己的目标。

I know people who were so sure about what they were going to do at 16, they change their mind at 26.
我认识一些人,他们16岁的时候就肯定了自己要做什么,然而26岁却改变了主意。

I know people who have children but are single.
我认识一些有孩子但单身的人。

and I know people who are married but had to wait 8 to 10 years to have children.
我知道有些人已经结婚了,但等了8到10年才有孩子。

I know people in relationships who love someone else.
我知道一些情侣,但是他们都爱着别人。

I know people who love each other but aren't together.
我也同样认识一些人,他们彼此相爱,但并不在一起。

So my point is everything in life happens according to our time, our clock.
所以我想说的是,我们生活中发生的任何事都是有我们自己决定的。

You may look at some of your friends and think that they're ahead of you.
你可能会看着你的一些朋友,认为他们比你过的优越。

maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace.
也许你觉得他们中的一些人落后了,但他们都以自己的节奏过着自己的日子。

They have their own time and clock and so do you.
他们有自己的时间和时钟,你也一样。

Be patient.
要有耐心。

At age 25, Mark Cuban was a bartender in Dallas.
25岁的马克·库班(Mark Cuban)是达拉斯的一名酒保。

It took till 32 for J.K. Rowling to be published for Harry Potter after being rejected by 12 publishers.
在被12家出版商拒绝后,J.K.罗琳直到32岁才将《哈利波特》出版。

Ortega launched Zara when he was 39.
奥特加39岁时创办了Zara。

Jack Ma started Alibaba when was 35.
马云在35岁时创办了阿里巴巴。

Morgan Freeman got his big break at 52.
摩根·弗里曼在52岁时获得了巨大的突破。

Steve Carell only got his break after 40 years old.
史蒂夫·卡瑞尔(Steve Carell)在40岁之后才有了机会。

Virgin was started by Richard Branson at 34.
维珍由理查德布兰森在34岁时创办。

Getting your degree after 25 is still an achievement.
25岁以后拿到学位仍然是一项成就。

Not being married at 30 but still happy is beautiful.
30岁还没有结婚,但仍然幸福是美好的。

Starting a family agter 35 is still possible.
在35岁时成立一个家庭仍然是可能的。

and buying a house agter 40 is still great.
40岁的时候才买第一栋房子仍然很棒。

Don't let anyone rush you with their timelines.
不要让任何人催促你完成他们的时间表。

Because as Einstein said, "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that's counted truly counts."
因为正如爱因斯坦所说,“不是所有有价值的东西都能被计算,也不是所有被计算的东西都真正有价值。”

And this is the most important thing.
这是最重要的。

I want you to be able to create meaningful, purposeful fullfilling lives for yourseleves.
我希望你能够为自己创造有意义、有目的、充实的生活。

ans learn how to use that to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.
学会如何利用它来影响和改变他人的生活。

That will be true success.
那将是真正的成功。

posted @ 2018-11-19 23:04  kpole  阅读(1163)  评论(0编辑  收藏  举报